Saturday, July 9, 2011

Writing

I am beginning to wonder if I really want to write this blog.  The days I write a post, I don't write what I really want to write - and that's the novel.  I'm right at the beginning and sort of lost as to how to be proceed, and it feels like I would be better off spending all my writing energy on that, instead of this.  I procrastinate enough already, I don't need a writing reason to not write.  They - the writing experts - say that anytime you're writing, it's good that you're writing.  That writers write. And that sometimes when you're not working directly on your Big Project, you're still working on it because the creative juices are flowing and it's percolating and formulating below the surface.  I know that's true for me when I'm cooking, sewing or gardening - especially if I've just been contemplating the next plot twist or imagining the details of the characters.  So we'll see how it works if I'm also writing a post here.  If you don't hear from me for a while - this is probably why.  I am 1000% committed to writing - being a writer - to telling stories and expressing what wants to come out.  So one way or another - I WILL be writing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment